in progress…

a couple of images showing progress on the build…

here you can see the coming together of a lot of elements previously mentioned.. the silicon face, the latex ’tissue’ underneath. i replaced the cast latex teeth with ones made from polymer clay [sculpey] for a more realistic appearance. i also added a jawbone made from the same material for strength.

the webcam sits nicely in the eye socket. though without the eyeball covering, it gives off something of a terminator vibe!

for display, the face will be mounted on the front of a skull bowl [which can be seen behind], which is set atop a few sections of spine.

and inside this bowl of the skull [the brain cavity] sits the foetus…

there’s still quite a bit of construction to be done, but it is coming together quite nicely.

the main thing slowing me down is my lack of studio space. a dedicated workshop area with sufficient space and appropriate ventilation would have sped this up tenfold. however, i’m currently working from home where space is minimal and the weather dictates my ability to work in a ventilated area [the back yard!].

it’s too late in the day to find workshop space to finish this off now, but has really cemented my belief that i need to get a studio asap!



One thought on “in progress…

  1. Rach says:

    Looking good! 😀 x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s